Monday, December 16, 2013

My Grief does not define me

     My mind is filled with many emotions today as it has been 7 years ago today that my dear sweet baby Naomi passed from this life into the next. It is true that I have not been quite the same since she died. I am happy but not the same kind of happy as before. I have also come to realize that through this process of grief my grief does not define me. Yes I am who I am today because of the Grief. But I am not defined by my grief. I look back and of course I still wish Naomi had lived. A part of me will always wish that. But life has given me so much more then my loss. I have since Naomi Given Birth to 2 more baby girls. They are the light of my life along with their older siblings. They have given me hope for the future. Through them I can see how wonderful life can be. Life truly is what we make it out to be. Through my kids and good husband my life is filled with wonder, fun, joy and beauty. Yes grief is hard and difficult it is true. But grief no longer defines me. I look back at the past years with out Naomi and instead of feeling all sad at her loss I feel joyful for the futures both the one with her siblings and the one in the next life where Naomi will be. I feel this is what Naomi would want me to feel on her heaven day.

No comments:

Post a Comment